Amigos, the essential part of our lives

It was on August 17th. A small issue got elevated into a scuffle just because I lost my cool. And when a short-tempered person like me got angry, I went by the emotion, not by logic. So I had a huge fight, and then they never spoke to me again. The saddest part about this is that they didn’t even wish me on my birthday. It took me almost 4 months to apologize and change…

Oh yeah, by the way, I've heard people saying breakups hurt the most. Well, they’re totally wrong. The worst pain is felt when a best friend blocks you out of their lives forever. If friends argue, it is still ok, because they are at least conversing. But the void which is left out with a friend’s silence hurts the most. It will just be like a sharp sword inserted deep into your heart, and it can’t be taken out again.

Well, according to me, friends are those ppl who are the pillars of strength. they can be with us in times and places where sometimes where our family can't. Trips with friends are highly preferred coz there will be more fun, excitement and adventure compared to family trips. Even events will be fun coz you can be yourself, instead of acting out in front of parents or relatives. But when it comes to friends, you will be seen in your true form, so technically, only your best friends know you well.

Oh the things we reveal, our crushes, relations, mistakes, our deepest secrets are known by only those particular group of people whom you trust a lot. And only those people will always have your back during times of crisis, the world terms them, friends. I term them, “ my guardian angels”. Those whom I feel like a friend of mine is an angel. They help me out whenever I am in the need, and I won't feel shy to ask, because my friends aren’t strangers. As the saying goes, “ a friend in need is a friend indeed”, I got many friends for every stage in my life.

I’ll share a recent anecdote. Last December I guess; some random person was texting me on Instagram saying that person likes me. (it’s a fake) I saw that and ignored it. That anonymous texter then lost their cool and started abusing me. I was actually in splits laughing hard. Then that person said something that person shouldn’t have text. “how come a self-centred person like you even HAS friends??? You are only alone in the centre of your own little world. OMG, such a narcissist.” First, I was in a dilemma that maybe that person is right. I just might don’t value my friends. But later, when I asked my friends “is it true that I am self-centred, a complete narcissist,, not even a single person mentioned I was self-centred. Some even have anger, ego, short-temper like me too, but no one is self-centred. I got responses like loyalty, considerate, affection, trust, extreme socializing skill, one of the best persons present to help, kind, reliable, etc. even though I may be turning a deaf ear during some conversations, bicker a lot, etc. among others.

Well, a best friend of mine, wrote these exact words which reflected me…(please do bear with me guys, this is what a guardian angel would say) “Pranav, I'll be honest. I won't say you're a totally good person. You sometimes over-react without knowing the context. You are a bit arrogant, which might make you sometimes oblivious to the other person's concern. And you always try to be the one who dictates conversation. If it doesn't go the way you want it to, you just stop participating.

Still, you aren't a bad person either. Because whatever negatives I said, those are what a stranger sees. Because they don't know you. Again, being frank, sometimes I used to think of you as "How can a student even be like this." But it was from class eight that I started to see other sides of you. You are a chatterbox. In a good way. In occasions where I would have simply not been able to proceed, you were outspoken and lead the conversation in the right direction. Once you decide a person is your friend, you don't leave them.

You're always concerned about their well-being. You might appear to be a selfish, arrogant person from an outsider's perspective, but it's the people who are close to you that see the real you. And once they do, they realize that you are an ideal friend. Because friends aren't people who are overly optimistic and say "You're the greatest, you can do anything." Friends are real people. In tough times, they are the ones who say "Okay, you're right. This might not be your cup of tea. So why don't you change the cup? Or maybe switch over to coffee?" That mix of realism, sarcasm, and companionship, make anyone a true friend.

 And over the years, I got to know you had that. And since then, you've always remained a close friend. I won't say things like "You're a special guy" because everyone is special in some way or the other. But what I can say is, you're one of the people whom I trust very much. And friendship, or relationships in general, are built on trust. Concerning that, I can confidently say that I trust you. I trust you that you'll always remain a great friend. I trust you that, while you may not be the kindest person, I know you'll always support me whenever I need the rightful support. And I'm glad to say to anyone that Pranav Sameer is my close friend.”

Overall, I got a response which gave the ultimate end line for all this. “I am proud to call Pranav Sameer as my friend.” After reading this, I was teary-eyed. My end line would always be, “I love my friends and I am always present for them.”

And I am not typing this to elevate an impression about me or anything. I just wanted to re-iterate the true power of friendship lies in trust and bonding. A lot of people will surely come aboard your limousine, But real friends are those who are willing to ride a city bus with you when your limo breaks down. 

This is Pranav, signing off… :)


Comments

  1. amazing sameer anna..!
    the words are just penned perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much pragnya!😃✌️❤️

      Delete
  2. I've always got your back boi. And I know you've got mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gender inequality; a stereotype turned social evil…

Femininity is divinity...

change- a fundamental phenomenon.